Tuesday 24 April 2012

Kids Clothing Week Challenge






I'm back, and with a vengence.

My hiatus was simply due to having way too much to do. I've still got too much to do, but Treacle is sleeping and now I'm back at work we have something of a routine going. And, importantly, my stash of fabrics needs addressing and my kids keep growing. 

I'm getting involved with the KCWC (Kids Clothing Week Challenge). I spent a lot of time this weekend choosing what to sew and cutting patterns and fabric. I have five projects lined up but we'll see how many I get through!

I got off to a great start. Although I had very little time yesterday I made an upcycled skinny tee for Treacle. If you are a follower of KCWC there will be no surprises that it was made from the Flashback Skinny Tee.





  • Women's Gap vest
  • Skinny Tee size 12-18 months 
  • Long sleeve version
  • Hemmed cuffs
  • Bound neck using same material

I managed to cut the sleeves so that the existing hems could be used, saving myself some work on the cuffs. I didn't have a matching rib for the neck so I used more of the same fabric and used the bound method. It worked OK, but is a bit saggy. I think this is because the fabric had lost most of its stretch! Although it just about fits, I think a little more length in the sleeve and torso is called for next time.

Right, on to the next project!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete